Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

softwaredownload.com

• Please log in to reply

lellybell

lellybell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all

Serious problems now with my main pc, but also noticing on my laptop, so same source, I guess. Whenever I try to download hijack this, or seek any help with pc crashing, virus check etc, on my main pc (xp home) its crashing now within mins of start up. the laptop is redirecting to softwaredownload.com. So when I put in merijin.org, the author of hijack this, its redirecting to this software site...??

Now can't even get anything done on my pc to try to correct this as its crashing before I have time to look at anything....what can I do please? Anyone know how to deal with this; I use this for work so big problem without the pc.... :whistling:

Advertisements

dr.huynh

dr.huynh

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hmmm...

I suggest taking the problematic hard drives and plugging it into a working, problem-free computer. Then follow the instructions from this Geekstogo forum post:

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

Make sure to set the parameters to scan the appropriate drive letter, since your hard drives will not be the default C: drive letter when inserted into a different computer system.