Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP PRO with BSOD Product 256_1

• Please log in to reply

Miklos

Miklos

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

This has been going on for three months, and I've heard everything from bad ram to the cat walked into the room. I have a Dell XPS 400 it's not overclocked, and I run a Nvidia 7950GT Video card.

Only during a virus scan do I get the BSOD, the latest error code on reboot was, and always is...

BCCode: 100000d0 BCP1: 8A000010 BCP2: 00000002 BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 8054807B OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product: 256_1

I run my machine to it's limits on several ocasions, but never get the BSOD until I do a virus scan. I'm lost, because it is EVERY virus scan that I try.

I have ran MEMTEST more than 24 hours with no errors, and I have ran Prime95 more than 48 hours, and no errors, so I am rulling out MOBO, RAM, overheating, and since I don't overclock, I don't think that is an issue either.

I can do spyware and malware, just not virus a scan. Other than that, everything runs fine, would just like to find out what is going on here.

I use SystemSuite 7 for all my utilities, and yes my BIOS is updated, and I have tried resetting that as well that has not helped, I am not runing PEG graphics, I use PCI on the BIOS settings.

I would upload my minidump, but for some reason can't through this message board. Will keep trying though, and should soon!

Anybody ever experience, or hear of this?

Thanks!

Miklos

Advertisements

dr.huynh

dr.huynh

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Turn off auto reboot on error (BSOD) so you can actually read the error message, and more importantly, what file (usually a driver .dll) is having the issue.

Miklos

Miklos

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, I disabled auto reboot, and just ran a virus scan to get the error back. The result was BSOD with:
IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I viewed the minidump, and the culpirt according to that is TMPREFLT.SYS.

I just started viewing minidumps, so a lot of it is greek, I would like to solve this without having to upload anything, but any leads would be appreciated.

Still working on a solution.

Miklos