Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

? on changing Video card ?

• Please log in to reply

10garem

10garem

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My question is would it be worth it to change video card.
I have heard this can lead to problems NOT like changing or add CD - DVD Burner - player.

I am setting up a
IBM IntelliStation Z Pro - Dual Intel Xeon 3.06GH Processors - 4 GB Ram with Nvidia Quadro4 980XGL 128MB 8X AG

I have 9800 PRO VIDEO CARD 256 MB in another computer which wife use very little.
Of course this could lead to unseen problems in both computers and sure don't want that.

I am going be using just for my own pleasure the IBM for working with lot pictures and some video editing.
I would like end up being able get music into computer from different source and convert to either Wave or MP3 files.

Any and ALL thoughts / suggestion will be much appreciated

My 1st attempt at posting question on anything technical

Thanks

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
the quadro4 should be fine, if you find something is slow try switching them see if you see an improvement

i see the quadro is agp, is the 9800 also agp or is it pci? if its pci stick with the quadro