The laptop has been used as a permanent fixture with the power supply plugged in to the mains all the time.
The fault that I have is it refuses to start when pushing the “ON” button. In order to get it going I have to remove all the cables, turn it upside down, remove the battery and the snap the battery with some force back in. After which the :oN” button works, the computer starts working and Windows starts loading.
One peculiar fact is if Windows shuts down for a reboot (after a update etc) then the computer dies as well and will require the battery treatment again to get it going.
Any help gladly received