Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not a comment or suggestion

• Please log in to reply

Briansstocks

Briansstocks

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I dont want to be a pain in the butt,but after reading all the instructions Im kinda confused.

I understand this site is run on donations and as a free service to all of us computer challenged.

I understand we are helped on a first come first serve basis,and that you look for those that havent been helped yet first.

What im wondering is,wouldnt it be helpfull to the people trying to help me if I reposted a log since its been almost 24 hours,Is there a way I can do so and keep my post in line without it showing a reply?Sorry im computer stupid,maybe it wouldnt be helpfull at all.

I guess that is a suggestion as well as a question.

Thanks to everyone running and supporting this site

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi Briansstocks and welcome to Geeks to Go
Actually you probably one of the very few that have asked this question and not just bumped their topic or started a new duplicate topic,

I understand we are helped on a first come first serve basis,and that you look for those that havent been helped yet first.

Thats how we do it, Means you have to be patient and we appreciate that.

What im wondering is,wouldnt it be helpfull to the people trying to help me if I reposted a log since its been almost 24 hours,Is there a way I can do so and keep my post in line without it showing a reply?Sorry im computer stupid,maybe it wouldnt be helpfull at all.

Sorry it doesn't work that way,
We are aware that people will start a new topic. But doesn't necessarly mean that they will be helped any faster. In fact it is likely that their new duplicate post will be closed,
Bumping a topic is a sure way to have you topic sit even longer, As you said we typically work from oldest to newest, So when one bumps their topic they think they may be at the front of the line when really they just put themslves at the end of the it,,

Another problem we see is pming a Helper or Mod for help " in a sense trying to jump to the front of the line again" It's a nice try but not likely to move one to the front of the line,

A couple of things to note.
Here at Geeks To Go we have GeekU where new Helpers are being trained.
I have seen the halls and can tell you that this process works very well. As a classmen or women shows the ability to go out into the malware forum they are promoted and we have more help to respond to topics quicker.
As part of their learning process some upper classmen or women will respond to live logs under the watchful eye of a GeekU Mod.
Which we have recently promoted a couple more of as well.

So you see the process and the strides Geeks To Go is making to provide more and quaility help. And I feel really sets Geeks To Go apart from a lot of forums out there,

I hope that helps you understand a bit more and answer your question or comment.

And again thanks for your patience.

Don

Briansstocks

Briansstocks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Thanks Don77,

I appreciate you reply,I was just trying to be as helpfull as I could and just didnt know what would be best to do.

Im not in a big hurry I have a laptop also that is not screwed,lol,Well the DVD player is but its not important,lol

Thanks a bunch