Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange issue with my hard drives =(

• Please log in to reply

tehgixmo

tehgixmo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have my hard drive partentioned into two ones size is 40gigs( C ) the other is 109gigs( D ).

Here is the issue when I go to my computer and want to open up eiter the C or D it opens up a "Open With" screen that gives me the option of chosing a programing to open the hard drive with on my computer insted of opening up the hard drive. I then went and tried to do the same on C with the same results.

I then tried to make a short cut to the file I needed on D and it tells me incorrect file path. I cannot accses any of the files in D at all.

Now C on the other hand if I go and open up a shortcut on my desktop I can get into it. Keep in mind I am still having the same problem with C as far as opening it from my computer other than that it is still working.

If I have left any thing out you may need to know tell me please.

Thank you

Sorry if I have any miss spellings I did this fast inbetween classes.

Edit: Somthing I would Like to add. I just installed nero this saturday. Don't know if that could be part of the problem.

Edited by tehgixmo, 10 September 2007 - 11:54 AM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Uninstall Nero and see what happens.

tehgixmo

tehgixmo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Uninstalled Nero and it didnt do any thing to fix the problem. Any other ideas?