Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation issues - uurghgh

• Please log in to reply

nninety

nninety

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
Everytime I try to install a new application or HW (most recently a new PC/Scanner) I get an error that says "Another installation is already in progress. Wait for this to complete before proceeding" this i snot verbatium...but very close. I do control /ALT/Delete to see what is running and there is nothing there...how can I determine what is actually installing on my machine at any given time...it seems to me that something is stuck and looping itself... I am NOT a PC extpert by any stretch...so I need all the help I can get!
I can download from the web (ie: Rhapsody music) but not via a CD that installs a program onto my PC. I now am without a printer..uurghgh!

I appreciate the help! LK and hopelessly challenged by my stupid PC :whistling:

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Check the processes. If you are not sure are if you see something fishy, just google the process name.