Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen with 0xF4 code

• Please log in to reply

spareguy

spareguy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help! When running XP, I get the blue screen about every 5 min. with the error code STOP: 0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x8a6ad5a8, 0x8a6ad71c, 0x805fa160). Any ideas?

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!

My first question is, have you made any hardware changes recently? If so remove them and see if the system stabilizes.

This stop error may have something to do with the RAM so I would use Memtest to see if you have a bad stick of RAM.

Let us know :whistling:

Tizzle

Tizzle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I too have had this problem.

I made a custom computer about a week ago and can't get it to run properly using my new 500gb Western Digital Hard drive.

I have had my brother working on the computer with me and together we narrowed the problem to my Hard Drive (which is SATA II, so is my DVD Drive), but I can run my computer just fine using an old 40gb (which is IDE), that is the only hard drive I've been able to use without the blue screen STOP: 0x000000f4 or 0x0000007a (I believe) (Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error). I tried my brothers hard drive which is also SATA and after a while, it did not work.

I believe that this is some kind of driver problem. The computer works normal until I install drivers and then try using the hard drive to pull up files. I even tried to reformat my hard drive, reinstall windows, and download DIFFERENT chipset drivers. No success at all. THIS PROBLEM IS DEFINATELY STARTING TO MAKE ME MAD! :/ Please help me out. :) thanks

I am using the motherboard: ecs g31t-m

Edited by Tizzle, 18 February 2009 - 12:32 AM.