Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD GOTY

• Please log in to reply

peashootr

peashootr

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a trouble ticket from evenbalance It says that something is stopping PnkBstr services from running. I have run pbsvc/pbsvc.exe and reinstalled the service . I have checked "administative tools/services and PnkBstrA is starting and running automatically but PnkBstrB is not .PnkBstrB was not on the list. I added it to the list and after running CODMP and got kicked it was no longer listed. I have added all PnkBstr services to the firewalls exception list Same old crap :whistling:

Advertisements

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
try a complete reinstall of the game and punkbuster

Uninstall CoD

Then go to C / Program Files

and find the call of duty folder

Delet this and then go to the the recycle bin and empty it

restart your pc and reinstall cod

restart it again and install anypatches .ect

Next go to http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php and download the manual punkbuster updater

Download it to your desktp and launch it let it download updates

Then from the drop down list select cod and click update

Wait for about 2 mins until its finished

Restart your pc for the third and final time

Launch CoD and See if it works!!

Hope this helps! :whistling:

-SpuD-

peashootr

peashootr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks Spud but it didn't work. I do appreciate the help :whistling:

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Ok no prob, il see if i can find anyhing else out :whistling:

peashootr

peashootr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I acted on a hunch :help: and it worked :blink: I played COD ,lagged alittle @ first, using windows 98 compatibility mod :whistling: know why and is it safe ?

Edited by peashootr, 17 September 2007 - 08:51 AM.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
I cant see why its not safe, You could also try running in 2000 as that would be better than 98 but if 98 works then grt
There shouldnt be a problem with that

peashootr

peashootr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
:) Thanks spud. I found 1 thing that is on the down side . I have to do a restart after quitting COD and trying to play again. I will try 2000 and see whats up there :wave: Thanks again

Edited by peashootr, 18 September 2007 - 11:46 AM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
ya I had that problem a week ago when I hosted a server at home so some buds of mine could join.

Its kinda glitchy. I noticed if you restart the pc sometimes your game will run fine and punkbuster wont kick you.

Also I went into start/run then type in services.msc then look for punkbusterA and put startup type to manually. If you see punkbusterB put that to manually also. Sometimes punkbusterB wont show up at all on your services and that usually means that you will get kicked in cod if punkbuster is running.. You should restart your pc if you don't see punkbusterB in your services and try again. Eventually messing with these you will get cod to run fine without messing with the windows compatibility modes..

peashootr

peashootr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I tryed your suggestion . Well, PnkBstrA & B were both running in services :) :) :wave: :) :) Still get kicked. Thanks anyway. oo oo oo I just thought of a question. How muh differance is there between windows 98 and xp that would cause this bull patty. It seems that a fine upstanding company like Evenbalance could figure this out .I'm not the only one having this much trouble.

Edited by peashootr, 19 September 2007 - 03:49 PM.

peashootr

peashootr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I tryed your suggestion . Well, PnkBstrA & B were both running in services :) :) :wave: :) :) Still get kicked. Thanks anyway. oo oo oo I just thought of a question. How muh differance is there between windows 98 and xp that would cause this bull patty. It seems that a fine upstanding company like Evenbalance could figure this out .I'm not the only one having this much trouble.

Evenbalance requested that I make a list of my running processes by doing the following.
1. Start the game (CODmp), then minimize it. I can't minimize the game while it is playing. The only options are move and close when I right click COD on the task bar. I tried right clicking on the desktop short cut and using "properties/shortcut/run minimized" and that didn't help.
2. Click "Start"=> "RUN" => type "cmd" that didn't work either.

3. type "tasklist/svc>tasks.txt" same.
Is there another way to do this since this didn't work

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Sorry havent replied in ages been away :)

Anyway Yes there is another way to do this...

To minimize CoD you can either do ALT + TAB or (Becasue that dosnt work for me) Download this handy little tool, Game minimizer

Download here http://callofduty.fi...Minimizer;25528

To use it, Launch CoD

Minimize: CTRL + SHIFT + END
Maximise:CTRL + SHIFT + HOME

Right... For the next bit

Did you get a black box when you typed in cmd??

Because if you did you type "tasklist/svc>tasks.txt" in to that (Without Quotation Marks " ")

Hope this helps :)

SpuD