Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

In need of some serious help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Moshi

Moshi

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
So I'm in need of desperate help. My PC has a mad cow disease or something like that. It all started happening after I had to replace my motherboard for a used one. There were a lot of problems so I decided to reinstall windows. But unfortunately some light problems went away, some stayed and some appeared newly. I'll start at when I try to power up the pc. Sometimes it just doesn't want to. I keep pressing the button but nothing happens. So I pull the pc out of electricity and wait for few mins untill it finally starts. So next thing is when I get in desktop. I'll just show you the pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

What the [bleep] is that all about?

Next are BSOD errors. Yes a plural. Not just because I get a lot of them but because I get a lot of them of different types.
It may be leaving pc on through the night idling, it may be playing a game, writing in word, browsing on interent, ... Anytime , anyplace it will apear. There is no use of counting what types of errors I get because I already said there are many types.
From Stop 0x0000000A, Stop 0x0000001E, Stop 0x00000050 to Stop 0x0000007A and Stop 0x000000D1. There could be many more of them that I got but I stopped writing them as I saw there was always a different one appearing.

I suspected with some help from friends a RAM problem. So I ran memtest and last time I saw the results it was around 600 errors. It never comes to the end of testing because a BSOD appears (what a surprise...).

So it might be drivers it might be not. When I got the pc back with new mb I didnt install any drivers for the new mb. But since I had so many problems I reinstalled windows and drivers I found on internet for the mb. Still have the problems.

Another reinstalling of XP didn't help either.
To buy new RAM is currently impossible for me due to low financial status. Doing driver's license and gotta have money for lunch at school.
Now if you could help me in any way to ease or solve this situation for me, I would be eternaly grateful from bottom of my heart.

Almost forgot to write my specs if need be:

AMD Athlon 3000+
512 MB RAM
160 GB
GeForce FX 5700 256 RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2 build 2002

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to GTG:

First of all, did you install using the right language option and location?

Second, is this the correct cd for your system (is your XP cd OEM - made for your original system; retail; or one you downloaded)?

Lastly, with that many ram errors, you may have no choice in the matter concerning purchasing ram. Are you sure the ram you have is 100% compatible with the new mobo?

Murray

Moshi

Moshi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

First of all, did you install using the right language option and location?

Yes. I'm 100% positive I did.

Second, is this the correct cd for your system (is your XP cd OEM - made for your original system; retail; or one you downloaded)?

You can lynch me if you want but I downloaded it. The CD has never left me down before. All installations were great, never had problems like these until changing the mobo.

Lastly, with that many ram errors, you may have no choice in the matter concerning purchasing ram. Are you sure the ram you have is 100% compatible with the new mobo?

I really can't tell that because the mobo I currently have is some unknown firm (Epox). They said at service shop it was the only one they could get (for such outdated hardware).

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Well it failed you this time didn't it.

Guess you get bto buy a legit XP install cd as your support ends now.

Murray