Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I have Microsoft Office 2007 which comes with Outlook 2007. I have everything installed and all, I just don't know how to use it. Like I don't know what I can use it for. Only thing I know about it is that its used for E-Mail. Can someone tell me how I can use this program to its potential. And how I can use it to write/receive E-Mails. I tried setting it up and it either didn't work out, or I got through the E-Mail setting up process, but I never receive E-Mails. Once I set it up I sent a test E-Mail to a secondary account, and I never got it.....figures something went wrong. Plus I receive E-Mails daily through Hotmail. And I would assume that as I received one there and if I were to open Outlook they would be there as well. Isn't Outlook ment to take the place as your primary E-Mail thing. Like so you won't have to go to www.youremailaddress.com anymore.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Outlook can be used for email or as a personal organiser with its built-in calendar, memo, reminders, etc.
Outlook doesn't work with Hotmail based email addresses. Hotmail is a web-based email system so you're supposed to go to hotmail.com for your mail. Many years ago you used to be able to do this through Outlook Express and Outlook, but now you can't.