Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell inspiron 1521 integrated mic?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
My girlfriend just got a dell inspiron 1520 notebook and she lives 400 miles away or i would have looked myself but i was wondering if her computer had an integrted microphone. she went ou and spent 40 bucks on a mic and i was wondering if the mic was disabled or what. the 1520 has a mic but i duno about the 1521... id think it pretty stupid to put a webcam on a computer and not put in a mic but thats just me lol. I had her look under the control pannel and it showed that there wasnt mic but i sill find it had to believe. could someone clear this up for me?

Thanks a bunch in advance guys!

Edited by 11010110, 11 September 2007 - 07:46 PM.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi, welcome to geekstogo, not quite sure what you are asking us to clear, I suggest you check you specs with Dell, normally there is a mic jack on their computers

here is a link which says that depending on type there is an intergrated mic, if not it shows you that there are two jack on the side hand side on the laptop.

http://www.notebookr...asp?newsID=3821

A thought, perhaps your girlfriend has a speaker system attached to the laptop which has been configured to use both the speaker out jack and the microphone in jack, which be the case she will need to reconfigure things in sound properties, thanks

Edited by fleamailman, 12 September 2007 - 12:27 AM.