Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

blank cds and dvds not recognised

• Please log in to reply

laura daphne

laura daphne

• Pip
  • 9 posts
When trying to save anything to a cd or dvd I get a message come up in 'my computer' saying either disc full or 0 bytes.
I have tried various makes of cd and dvd's and always get the same message. Is there anything that I am doing wrong? The discs I buy are new and good brands.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
What kind of burner do you have... and what type of disk are you trying to write to? What software are you using to write to the disk? what version of windows are you running?

laura daphne

laura daphne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
windows version - xp home edition
burner type - dvd/cr-r
Hardware - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA 4160B
Software - I have tried dvd-ram; dvd-r; dvd-rw; cd-rw (sometimes works) dvd+r and cd-r
I am trying to download files from word and music files using real player.
I have managed to download some music files to cd-rw this afternoon but no word files

thanks

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
You didn't mention any software.... in order to drag and drop files you need something like nero or roxio to burn to the disks.... windows by itself can do some with music but to have real burning capability you should get some software....

laura daphne

laura daphne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
sorry to be an ignoramous, but I have NTI CD & DVD-maker Gold on my computer. I do not know if that is the type of software you refer to, but if it is, I still cannot record anything to DVD. Please help!

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
At first you сan try to reinstall drivers. Then you can clear heads inside your driver.
Hope it helps

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

sorry to be an ignoramous, but I have NTI CD & DVD-maker Gold on my computer. I do not know if that is the type of software you refer to, but if it is, I still cannot record anything to DVD. Please help!

maybe i know that is a cd/dvd burning application but I don't know if it supports packet writing.... If you want to just drag and drop you need to have a drive and software that support packet writing and you need to format the disk you are going to drag to.... otherwise you would have to use the nti software to select the files to be burned and then burn them all at once....