Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drivers and game Lagging PLEASE HELP xx

• Please log in to reply

kaytee576

kaytee576

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi, hope this is in the right section got so confused I am having problems with my sims 2 game where it lags a lot someone said I should check my video drivers are upto date but all I have managed to do on my pc is find out what they are

RADEON X600 256MB HYPERMEMORY

RADEON X600 256MB HYPERMEMORY SECONDRY

Could you tell me how do I know if this my driver is OK? How do I know if it needs updating? Also do you know what version of directX would be best to keep for this game?? thanks angels...

Hope you can help me? xxx

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Could you tell me how do I know if this my driver is OK? How do I know if it needs updating?

To update the driver download this: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
Just fill in your operating system, Type of card (Radeon for you), and the exact card (Radeon X600 series). I am guessing you are running XP Home or Pro so you can just download it here: http://game.amd.com/...p=xp/radeonx-xp

Also do you know what version of directX would be best to keep for this game?? thanks angels...

Well Sim 2 is DirectX 9 I believe so you are fine with your DirectX 9 cards.

Edit: Also if you want to decrease lagging defragging your disk helps.

Edited by jackflash1991, 12 September 2007 - 03:28 PM.