Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

unmountable boot volume / windows repair install - PLEASE HELP

• Please log in to reply

thechi

thechi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
i will for sure! i'm going to shut down and cold boot my entire machine.... see how things go.

thank you so much, again, for all your help. can't tell you how much i appreciate it.

thechi.

Advertisements

thechi

thechi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
sorry it took me a few days to get back. had to catch up on the days my files were held hostage.

so... i can boot into windows fine... and everythin goes well for a while. BUT... then randomly i will get locked up, crash, blue screen and get booted back in. when i get back in, i have a message saying windows has recovered from a serious error. when i send report and click to read the web page info... it always says it's a device driver error. this points me back to the failed install of the mini server... that's when all of this started.

so, i cannot find any drivers in the device manager that are for netgear (to my knowledge)... i've gone to add/remove programs and there is nothing there to remove. (as far as netgear) and going into search of the past week when this all started, i don't find any sys or drvr files that were modified. i am stumped.

i have attempted to contact netgear to possibly get a list of driver installed with the mini print server cd, but have not heard back from them.

any suggestions?