Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help upgrade

• Please log in to reply

Peekas

Peekas

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello I have a game I want to play but my computer doesnt come up to par. I'm not quite sure what it is I need jUst hoping to get specifics on what I gotta get.
Here is the game requirements:
CPU: Intel Pentium III 1000 MHz or AMD Athlon 1000 MHz
RAM: 512 MB or more
Video: 64 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ 3 class card or above (Note: Systems with video cards that only meet the minimum requirements are only supported in 800x600 resolution)
DirectX® 9.0c and latest video drivers
Sound: Card capable of supporting DirectX 9.0
Hard Drive: 6.0 GB available space

My Computer is a HP Pavilion Media Center s7600n
The specs are:
Athlon 64 (O) 3500+ 2.2 GHz (35W)
2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)
Socket AM2
Chipset
GeForce 6150 LE
Motherboard
Manufacturer: Asus
Motherboard Name: A8N-BR
HP/Compaq motherboard name: Pyrite-GL8E
Memory
Component Attributes
Memory Installed 512 MB
Maximum allowed 2 GB (2 x 1 GB)
Speed supported PC2-4200 MB/sec
Type 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM

Hard drive
200 GB SATA
7200 rpm

Erm i'm not sure what other information you need. I'm probly missing something if so let me know what and how to get the info for ya. Thanks!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Please define what you mean by "my computer does not come up to par".
Also what game is it are you trying to play?

Peekas

Peekas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Um How my computer doesnt come up to par was what I was asking you guys about. That's why I gave you the specs for my computer and what the game says it needs. I dont know what it is that my computer needs to function with this game. I downloaded the game. I can open and log on to the game but when I try and play the screen is just black. The game is Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn. Thanks

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
The first thing I would do is add some more RAM. Maybe add a 1GB stick to make 1.5GB.

Edited by jackflash1991, 14 September 2007 - 06:58 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Your computer is likely crashing due to the onboard graphics card. Also, your RAM is only meeting the system requirements of the game contributing to the problems, but with your onboard video which has shared memory it's basically "stealing" the memory for video uses rather then to be used for applications. Simply put your computer has less then the 512mb of RAM installed to use.
The amount of Ram your video card is using could theortically range from 32mb to upwards of 128mb.
Meaning that both your Ram and video card is in need of an upgrade.
Also are these the recommended requirements of the game or minimium requirements?
James

Edited by james_8970, 14 September 2007 - 08:29 PM.