Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download won't start

• Please log in to reply

DottyJ

DottyJ

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks in advance. I am using windows xp sp2 IE 6.2. I also have used IncrediMail for many years and have never had a problem. Until now. I downloaded another program when this trouble began. The other program was a writing program WhiteSmoke. Worked ok for a while then I went to open mail and said a critical error has occured and can not be opened; below that it had keylib error#15>file missing. I have done a restore, still not working. I did a uninstall IncrediMail and reinstall. When I click on the icon it acts like it wants to open and then nothing. I have uninstalled WhiteSmoke but IncrediMail still doesn' t work. It is not being blocked by my firewall of virus program. (as for as I can tell) Can any one help with some ideas as to why IncrediMail will not open. I have gone into IncrediMail and done a repair but still not working. I loaded the same program on my son's computer, from the IncrediMail web site, and it works like mine use to. Help please :whistling:

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Right click the icon you use for Incredimail and select properties. What is the path assigned to the program's shortcut? It probably ends in ".exe".
Johanna

DottyJ

DottyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin\IncMail.exe Thanks I sure hope you can help me

DottyJ

DottyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Don't know if this has anything to do with the problem I'm having, but I just went to the outlook express mail and tried to click on a link and it would not let me. Same with the link I got from gooks to go. It would not allow me to use. Waiting for help...

DottyJ

DottyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Geek to Go sorry about that.....

DottyJ

DottyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Boy oh boy...I will try this again and then stop...Geeks to go!

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you open "My Computer" then look on your "C" drive and in a folder named "Programs", do you see the "exe" file? (It's odd that it is listed under "bin".) We need to determine the location of that "exe" file and make the shortcut path matches. We'll take care of Outlook Express when we figure this one out.
Johanna

DottyJ

DottyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
ok going to C then program file; there was only a file IncrediMil. Clicking on that file opens to bin, data, unwise. Clicking on the bin folder there are a bunch of files all have a dll behind their name. not one exe have I found anywhere.
The first step you told me to do about the shortcut, does end in exe. I guess I don't understand what your saying that they both have to match. Are you saying the target and the start in should match? There is nothing in the start in box.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If there is no "exe" file in that Incredimail folder, then Incredimail can't start. I would use Add Remove programs in the Control Panel to uninstall the program, then navigate to the Incredimail folder and delete it all. Delete the shortcuts you have, too. Then reboot the computer, download and install Incredimail again.
Johanna

DottyJ

DottyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I uninstalled with add/remove. I then went and deleted the incredimail folder and the shortcut. I then rebooted and reinstalled the incredimail program. After the download it said the computer need to restart I clicked ok and it restarted. It took 7 minutes to come up to the working desktop. Normally minute 30 at the most. I waited to see if it needed to do anything on its own, it didn't. I then checked the right click icon properties. It is the same as before. I went to the C/Program all is the same as before.No exe file all dll. At the desktop, I then clicked on the icon to see if it would start up and the hour glass stayed for about 9 to 10 seconds and the computer made a lot of noise like it was going to start, but it didn't. Before the hour glass would just flicker.
Could there be something blocking it? It just seems like it trys really hard to start up but can't.
Thanks for all your help.

Advertisements

DottyJ

DottyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Johanna, have you got any other things that I might try to get my IncrediMail up and running? I have been all over this site and can not find any help. I find help it just doesn't resolve the problem.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin\IncMail.exe Thanks I sure hope you can help me

BTW, this path is correct as shown by OP: "C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin\IncMail.exe". After uninstalling/removing all traces of IncrediMail, you may still have traces of IncrediMail in your Registry which needs to be removed. 7 minutes to Desktop is too long after rebooting just for IncrediMail. may be a possibility of malware.

Just my 2 cents worth. Johanna is very good at these email problems.

Ron
IncrediMail User

Edited by Major Payne, 08 October 2007 - 11:06 AM.

DottyJ

DottyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
So Ron, how do I fix this problem? All other programs are working great. start up time is fixed. about 45seconds. I have done the registry thing and reinstalled IncrediMail. Why won't it load and start runing? Thanks

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Then it is not opening up IncrediMail right after install? If the install was good, IncrediMail opens automatically at that point so you can continue setting up Options and mail Accounts. I take it you are using the IncrediMail DL site and not another site (didn't search to see if there are any).

keylib error#15>file missing is an Incredimail file and should have been with the new install. I would download CCleaner (free) and run it. Remove IM again first. After running CCleaner, download IM again and install. See if it opens right after the install as it should.

I have not used this program and it may be one that finds problems then you need to buy it to get it to fix them: RegistrySmart. There is an option to scan online for IM problems. Haven't tested this either.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 08 October 2007 - 12:56 PM.

DottyJ

DottyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Ok, just download CCleaner and ran. First I uninstalled IncrediMail. reinstalled IM and nothing. It says that I have successfully completed it goes through all the registering DLL files and finalizing setting. Final box pop up and I click finish. Nothing happens. I clicked on the icon and nothing happens. As for the error 15 missing file. I only got that the first time. I don't get any error messages at all. The program just won't start. I am a paid sub'er with IM. and download directly from their site. Now what?