Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delete takes a really long time

• Please log in to reply

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
First I would like to thank 1101doc for the help I have been using from his assistance to another user.

I followed those suggestions because i too have a pretty slow Dell with Windows Home XP2.
Additionally, I was thinking it might speed up the challenges I have been having with being able to click on "delete" and have it work in a reasonable amount of time.

Is this something to do with the mouse or what??? I have tried to do repairs from the add/remove in the control panel and that hasn't improved it either.

I guess it isn't the end of the world or anything but it is certainly annoying.

Thank you for any suggestions. :whistling:

Advertisements

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
try using steven goulds cleanup

CLEAN-UP

then download unlocker and and try delete the file using unlocker

UNLOCKER

reboot your computer

Edited by Mr Freeze, 13 September 2007 - 02:17 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi headwayne...

Can you define "pretty slow Dell" for me? Is the machine sluggish in opening applications? Scans take a lot longer than you think they should?

How's the sound when you play a cd? How about when you play a song stored on the HDD? Is it choppy or static sounding?

wannabe1