Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange Folder in C:/Documents and Settings

• Please log in to reply

pitchharmonics

pitchharmonics

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Changing the folder name did not cause another folder to appear with the old name. But deleting the folder and then recovering the folder changes some of the images. For example, there are some png files titled "emailgen[6]", emailgen[5], etc. Before deleting the folder, each png file showed an image of a facebook email address. I assume these png files are used by facebook to display email addresses on a persons profile. After deleting the folder and recovering, the png files are still in the folder but do not show an email address. They are just blank pictures.
I want to give you a visual of what im talking about with the strange looking pictures, attached is a jpeg file. I used prntsc function and selected from the folder some of the file icons and what they look like.[attachment=15705:example.JPG]

Advertisements

pitchharmonics

pitchharmonics

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
bump