Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to open client certificate store or establish client credential

• Please log in to reply

urdrwho

urdrwho

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok I use a contact manager software program called Time Matters. Until recently it had been working well on my desktop when sending/receiving e-mail through the Tm e-mail client. Now it doesn't work. The desktop is a 98 box and laptop is an XP.

I have an old ATT e-mail account that I access from my current Verizon DSL. I have no problem using the TM laptop to get e-mail. My desktop is another matter.

The desktop is on a Ethernet cable. I must use SSL and authenticate. Time Matters fails to handshake with ATT.

My Opera / Mozillia / Thunderbird / Outlook e-mail client can hand shake. The desktop TM can get my Verizon e-mail (not SSL authentication required) but for some reason the ATT (which requires SSL and authentication fails). All I can consider is that AT&T has changed their SSL needs and Win98 doesn't satisfy those needs. If I use dial up, unisng my AT&T dial up, using non SSL ports I can get my AT&T mail. Clearly it is an SSL issue.

When I test the ATT connection I receive the error message:

Unable to open client certificate store or establish client credentials.

Perhaps my spyware / anti-virus program blocked TimeMatters but where can I look to see where.
I've searched the registry for something that may look blocked. One good thing from doing the search was I found a lot of garbage and cleaned it out.

I uninstalled all spyware and antivirus programs but that didn't help. The one anti virus program Avira Anti Virus, can't be replaced because it is no longer supporting Win 98. Plus...of course that installation program that is missing from my download file. :whistling:

Edited by urdrwho, 13 September 2007 - 02:19 PM.

Advertisements

sunmash

sunmash

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I suggest using Google Mail a.k.a. GMail.

GMail will retrieve your e-mails from Verizon, AT&T, or any other e-mail providers.

Then you can set your Time Matters to retrieve and send e-mail to GMail, while retaining your AT&T e-mail address.