Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winlogon.exe Error

• Please log in to reply

Megan Butler

Megan Butler

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed something which Im guessing I should not have know but when i boot up my computer it gets to the login screen and says winlogon.exe - Application Error....then restarts itself. How do I fix this?

Megan

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Hi Megan
Welcome to geeks to go
Are there any error codes or is that the complete error message?
Do you know what you installed to cause the problem? If you do know then start the computer and start tapping F8 this will give you a list of start options. Choose Safe mode. Then remove the program you installed. If you do not know what you installed to cause this then still go in to safe mode & try a system restore.
Start>All programs>accessories>system tools>system restore. Choose to restore the computer. Pick a date before this started to happen.
All your data will be safe. You can also undo the restore if need be.
Cheers
Peterm

Edited by peterm, 13 September 2007 - 09:39 PM.