Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help, I've got a virus.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Natalie

Natalie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) I've just got this virus on my computer, I think its a trojan: Win32.WinAd.G I dont know how to get rid of it. I've put it through a scan, it detected it, but didnt do anything about it. I can't find the program anywhere on my computer so that I can delete it.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\GM1RLON9\bridge-c8[1].cab <MediaAccX.dll><-- Thats the file name (if thats any help), but I cant find it anywhere, and I don't know what to do. Its already started to slow down the computer, and I only got the virus yesterday. :tazz: Please help. Nat x

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log here in this thread as a reply

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! I will check back with you once you have posted the log so I can let you know what to do next!

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
This thread is being closed due to lack of response from original poster. If you require further assistance, please pm a Moderator or Administrator to re-open this thread. Thank you!