Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Login/logout loop- Help

• Please log in to reply

Runlogan_1

Runlogan_1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I am having the same issue as many people have posted however my system will not allow me to even enter safe mode. When I boot up the system asks me for a login password for my profile ( I never had it setup to do this as it would load the icons for the 2 profiles and no password was needed ). When I hit enter on my profile name it then begins to login and shows the wallpaper for about 10 seconds and then logs itself out. I tried this in all modes I could using F8 but nothing works.

The last thing I did was use TrendMicro to scan my computer last night and it quarantined about 1400 files ( many IE and many having name Installer.exe ).

I can't find my XP disks so I can't just reinstall ( which is a nightmare anyway because then I need to reinstall all my other software so it regsiters ).

I downloaded onto this laptop a program BartPE but it will only burn me a recovery disk if it finds the Windows XP files on the system ( Which this Laptop doesn't apparently have in it ).

Help! :whistling:

Thanks,
George

Advertisements