Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD when I enable my integrated webcam.

• Please log in to reply

wiccachick76

wiccachick76

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 notebook. Right now, the integrated webcam is disabled on the device manager. However, as soon as I go into the manager and enable it, I get the blue screen of death for a split second with the "BAD_POOL_HEADER" error message. Then the system proceeds to reboot.

HP couldn't help me because they're having "technical difficulties" with their chat feature and I can't understand what the tech people are saying when I call the support line.

GeekSquad wants 100 dollars and then some to fix it remotely through my internet connection.

Can anyone give me a fix that I can do myself without dumping the contents of my hard drive?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
BAD_POOL_HEADER errors are usually caused by bad or corrupted drivers. It may also be caused by faulty computer memory. It can also be caused by a conflict between Roxio and anti-virus software. Do you have Roxio installed and do you have any anti-virus software on the computer? If so, which one?

wiccachick76

wiccachick76

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't have any Roxio software, I have Sonic for burning, and I have Norton Anti-Virus software.