Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows live messenger

• Please log in to reply

sonobby1

sonobby1

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
i opened a previous topic about my windows installer, i cant install anything basically. now im totally in the [bleep] ,(sorry)
my msn messenger has just gone out of date, and i need to update to windows live, so going through the motions, downloading it, but when it comes to installing it, same old problem, my windows installer doesnt work.
damm im totaly lost with out my messenger, so what i would like to know if possible, is there anywhere i can get windows live messenger , and download it, but with out using the windows installer?
if i cant then it looks like my last option is a windows repair , which im not happy about doing at this stage.
any help would be apprecated
thanks
si

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
WIND0OWS LIVE MESSENGER

Also, a repair XP install will not cause you to lose any data. But you should back up.

HOW TO REPAIR XP

sonobby1

sonobby1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
hi 123, thanks for the reply, my memory isnt brilliant, but im reluctant to do a repair right now, i think because ive tried it before and it hasnt worked. i read earlier about someone saying they tried a windows repair, and it asked for an admin password. now that rings bells with me, and i think i come across the same problem, now if i remember rightly, i tried to just ignore the password, (leave it blank) it didt work. what im thinking is i bought this comp from a small computer shop, and i think they set passwords for stuff like that, maybe to make you take it back for them to fix it, thats my thinking anyway. but and its a big but, they went bust a few years ago, so i have know way of getting in touch with them. so if i was to do a repair, how could i get a password if they set one?
as for my messenger im happy lol, i managed to find a program called trillian, anyone heard of it?
you download it, through there program with out windows installer, and you can acess msn, yahoo etc,
so now im back on msn messenger now thank god.
regards si, hope to hear from you again
si

stevii-x

stevii-x

• Pip
  • 1 posts

i opened a previous topic about my windows installer, i cant install anything basically. now im totally in the [bleep] ,(sorry)
my msn messenger has just gone out of date, and i need to update to windows live, so going through the motions, downloading it, but when it comes to installing it, same old problem, my windows installer doesnt work.
damm im totaly lost with out my messenger, so what i would like to know if possible, is there anywhere i can get windows live messenger , and download it, but with out using the windows installer?
if i cant then it looks like my last option is a windows repair , which im not happy about doing at this stage.
any help would be apprecated
thanks
si

hello my name is stevi and my computer has let me install windows live messenger but my firewall is not letting my have it on there i have tryed all of the things i could possibly think of to get it on there but its just not working :) :)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
sonobby1, how about posting a link to your previous thread about windows installer not working and we can work on getting that fixed, then WLM will be okay.