Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cod punkbuster problem

• Please log in to reply

realgoldy

realgoldy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
dudes, ;) i cant join any punkbuster servers. Wot happens, is, i join a server, then i get kicked out..

The message i get up is: Server Disconnected - Has been kicked via punkbuster ( for 0 minutes ) ... Restriction Inadquate 0/S privileges

-I tryed reinstall it 3x, still the same...

-Yes, my punkbuster is on "Yes"

Help any1? :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
even when pb is working right, the auto server update doesn't update all the pb files. you can get all kinds of errors including os privilages, 999 timeouts, sever lag, ect. to fix this you need to run a program that will force an update of all the pb files. just follow the instructions below:

This is the executable for Punkbusters Client side AUTO UPDATING using WINDOWS Operating Systems:
http://www.evenbalan...loads/pbweb.exe

Be sure to save the pbweb.exe into the home "pb" folder (C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\pb) on your hard drive and then launch PBWEB.exe. If PBWEB is not launched from inside the home "pb" directory/folder, then it will not work.

This is the easiest way to AUTO update Punkbusters from the player/client side. The game server does NOT update ALL of your game files. This way will do that for you!

I would recommend doing this even if your not having problems or if your having 999 problems along with No Packet Flow errors & PB Initialization Failures.

This can take a little while to run........this is typical!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
just ran across this on Punksbusted forums:

With the recent PunkBuster updates Even Balance introduced tighter security measures to prevent cheaters bypassing their system. As a result many of you are now getting kicked for Blocked O/S Privileges when playing games with a 'Limited User' account.

Even Balance are advising to temporarily disable other security type programs you have running such as anti-virus, process guard, SDProtector, etc. to find out which of them is blocking PB's access to resources on your computer. You either need to run PB without the blocking program(s) or play on non-PB servers.

Another temporary solution to resolve the issue may be to promote the 'Limited User' account to 'Administrator' and raise a support ticket with Even Balance (link below)

Raise a web ticket with Even Balance and quote the 3 digit code you received when kicked and as much detail as possible about your PC and the steps you have taken.

Web Ticket: https://ssl.evenbala...icket/index.php
Even Balance Web site: www.evenbalance.com

If we get any further news then we will post here.

realgoldy

realgoldy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
aah, ive tryied that and i did it about 5x but i still get the same error

I did place it in the pb folder 1st time

and ive tryied reinstallin it but browsed it and still same .. arg

HuH