Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sempron 3000+ compatible with EP-8KTA3?

• Please log in to reply

tgbakerjr

tgbakerjr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have two questions. I have a Epox EP-8KTA3 MB with the VIA KT133A chipset. Will it take a Sempron 3000+ processor?

If not, I値l start searching for a MP for my Sempron. Do I have to find one that lists support for the Sempron or is it backwards compatible with the Duron? What I知 finding is many boards list the Duron, Athlon, Athlon XP but no Sempron. What痴 the deal? Thanks for the help.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
No the Epox does not support sempron processors.

Yes you should find one that the manufacturer lists support for the Sempron. the Sempron came out after the Athlon and Duron and bios in older boards don't support it, you could flash the bios on some of these boards so that the Semperon will work but that ain't worth doing.

Try Abit or Asus I know they have very good boards that support the Semperon

Rick