Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vbs. easy for you not for me

• Please log in to reply

juggalokid7

juggalokid7

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Now i'm new at this, I don't no if i posted this in the right part, and i'm probly one of the baddest spellers in the history of man kind, BUT!, I do have a problem.

Now i have made a webpage, I want to put a vbs. (pop-up) On it asking the user if they want to go to my frends webpage.

Now i know i can just post a link, But i don't wish to.

So, after makeing a txt. file i conveted it into a vbs. asking if they wish to go to my frends webpage, after doing this i tested it out, But when i hit the 'yes' the box whent away, and nuthing happend (same happend when i hit 'no').
So all works but the 'yes' and 'no' button is not doing what i want it to.

So is there ennything i need to put in the txt. befor converting it to a vbs. so when i (or visitor) pushes 'yes' it will go to the page?

And if so, how do i get it do do random stuff like: open i word doc. when i hit yes, or something like that?

I think it mite help if i put what is in the txt. file here: lol=msgbox(" Hello and welcom to my page, if you want to go to my frend Dan's page hit the 'yes' button if not, the 'no' button will fix that. Have a good one :whistling:",20,"HEY!!").

Thank you for the help.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I don't use VBS, but you might find the info under one of these from a Google Search.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 15 September 2007 - 03:47 PM.

adamdillon

adamdillon

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Your best bet would be to use javascript.

http://javascript.in...utton-link.html

Edited by adamdillon, 20 September 2007 - 09:01 PM.

juggalokid7

juggalokid7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thank you all for your help, But sadly it's unnessasary.

While working on my page i had a blackout :) , Saveing my webpage as blank.

Oh well back to the drawing bored for me, And once agen, Thank you all for your help.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sorry to hear you lost all your hard work. I have a UPS which you might think about getting. Nice ones which are refurbished and shipped with new batteries are available from http://www.refurbups.com/.

Ron