Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video problems

• Please log in to reply

pj1959us

pj1959us

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have tried everything I can think of so am PLEADING for assistance. This has been going on for months and cannot figure out the problem playing certain video.

The problem usually occurs when visiting a site homepage that has some sort of animation/video or a site like youtube. Many times the video will flash for a split second then there is nothing (but I can hear the audio). However, if a video (from youtube, for instance) is embedded in a post on a forum I can play it fine. And it's not ALL videos, just most. Also, when I visit a site like cbs.com part of the page will flash on for a second and go away, but I can watch episodes fine.

I have tried to uninstall/install on Adobe Macromedia Flash as recommended on their site but nothing works. It shows it is installed but I never see a video there. I have gone through the trouble-shooting tips but nothing works.

Can anyone suggest/advise/provide an opinion where I can go from here or what I can check on my settings? I have to do some training now and of course am having this problem in the training program so it's beyond just an annoyance. '

I don't know what kind of info you need so please let me know what to tell you.

:whistling:

Thanks,
PJ

Advertisements