Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

need help!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello all!

i am building a web site for online car market and i need to build a database with the cars and a type of search engine to search the cars by the specifications if someone could say me how to create this database and search engine would be welcomed

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
It's a little difficult to lead some one through such a complex operation by posts. Your hosting service should have provisions for a database (like MySQL) and a Search function setup. You need to check and make sure your hosting service allows use of the scripting languages you will need. Their knowledge base should also be available to you for getting you through the setup including the use of the Help that is available within the Control panel you should have available to you. They may have a free eCommerce package that can be installed (mine does). You may have to pay to update any current eCommerce package that an hosting service provides as they are usually outdated versions.