Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two accounts on PC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
I have finally understood the need for two Accounts on a PC, Admin. and User. All seems to be going well re the accounts except for the fact everytime I leave the PC for a few minutes or cease working on something, the screen goes back to the login screen and I have to put my password in all over again. Even just switching accounts can cause me to have to re key in my password. There must be a place somewhere to adjust this but so far cannot find same.

Can any one clue me in as to what to do or where to go to adjust this problem?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Go to Start > Control Panel > Power Options. This is where you can set it to not go in standby or make it a longer period of time before the computer goes into standby. If you click the "advanced" tab there is an option that show "prompt for password when computer resumes from standby", uncheck this option if it is checked.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Duplicate thread. Original found here.