Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 and MSI P35 Platinum

• Please log in to reply

Wolferine111

Wolferine111

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer recently stopped working due to my motherboard failing, so i have decided to pretty much get an entire new system.

Im going to use the following from my old pc:

Mid-Tower Case
SilverStone ST50EF-PLUS 500W Continuous PSU

Now i need to get a few new components, and im currently looking at the following:

MSI P35 Platinum Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 (3.0 Ghz)

I will also need to get DDR2 RAM and a new Graphics card, but im not sure what i want yet.

Im not looking to spend a heap of money on this thing, which is why im using a few of my old parts from my old computer to save on costs for the new computer.

What do you all think of this combo of Mobo/CPU? Im open to suggestions, thanks in advance :whistling:

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Can you provide a budget. Also will you be using your keybaord/mouse/monitor/OS from your past build?
James

Edited by james_8970, 15 September 2007 - 09:34 PM.

Wolferine111

Wolferine111

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah sorry,

Im trying to work with around $1000 Australian, im not sure how much that is in other currencies sorry.

I will be using my old keyboard, mouse, monitor, and OS aswell.

I've just recently found that my power unit blew up along with the rest of my old PC aswell, so I need a new one of those also.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi Wolferine111! It's good to see a fellow Aussie on these boards... :blink:

If you like, you can have a look at my thread, I'm upgrading with a strict $1000 budget as well - pretty much the same scenario as you (except mine currently hasn't blown up yet! :help: ) So take a peek and see what kind of ideas we have discussed already. Then you can take what you want/cut out the rest, and post here.

http://www.geekstogo...es-t170706.html

I think you'll find for the price/performance, you should cut down to the E6750 (which is what I'm getting).
Do you need to factor in a new hard drive as well?

Cheers! :whistling: