Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nvsvc32.exe? nvidia windows xp driver library installation disk 1? aar

• Please log in to reply

theonlyx

theonlyx

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently upgraded my graphics card from a geforce MX 420, to a PNY technologies geforce 7600 GS. Ive manually installed the hardware fine, but I have hit a problem. I was told to uninstall the drivers for my previous card before i installed the new ones, so i went to add/remove programs and did just that. I thought. I have removed a program that was called nvidia, thinking that it was the old card's drivers. Now when i start the new driver installation, i get to a point asking for the path to nv4_mini.sys , which ive located with the search function and given the path. But after this it asks for the file "nvsvc32.exe on the Windows 2000/XP Driver Library Installation Disk 1" . My searches of the system have not found this file, and I do not have this disk that it refers to, I don't think I ever did. Is there a way to obtain the file, or get around its need in the driver installation process?

Advertisements