Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Slow/Disconnect

• Please log in to reply

Dodevu

Dodevu

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hello all.

I have a Linksys WAG354G and have had it for a long time, however for the past 2 weeks it has been playing up, it would sometimes disconnect every 4 hours or something but if i disconnect it like an hour before and cool it down it works fine for the next 4 hours. The main problem is I play a game called Tibia and so does my brother downstairs using the wireless and his connection downstairs is fine, but the host computer (mine) is really slow and the network slows down alot and freezes. I have tried alot of things like... Formatting computer, restore factory defaults router, moving router about in room, MTU 1458, changing wireless channels.

Now, the other thing I tried way disabling the wireless, with the wireless off it works like a treat, also in the eventviewer it gives an error about dhcp if that makes any sense, also I have tried 2 other routers and still the same, I have tried alot of things and none of them seem to work, can anyone help me please?

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Dodevu, 16 September 2007 - 10:10 AM.

Advertisements