Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound Card Problems?

• Please log in to reply

Patty37

Patty37

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I think I have a Sound Card problem. I use Absolute Sound Recorder to record sound from my speakers or whats being played on my PC but I can't seem to do that anymore. Same with Audacity. I think my soundcard is Realtek AC97. Any help?

Thanks

Advertisements

Patty37

Patty37

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Anything? :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi Patty37, welcome to Geeks to Go!

Can you think of any changes that have happened to the computer since this change? This might include any programs installed or uninstalled, or any upgrades done to the computer.

Have you updated your audio drivers to the latest available from the manufacturer's website?

Have you double checked all the connections (speakers etc) are in the right ports?

Cheers :)

Patty37

Patty37

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I cant think of any changes no. Erm.... I have went on Realteks site and downloaded the latest drivers and my PC speakers are connected as I can still play music through the speakers.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
How many programs (that can be used for recording audio) do you have on your computer?

Patty37

Patty37

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
2 I think? Audacity and Absolute Sound Recorder. I downloaded Audacity to see if it was ASR that was mucking up. But no, it must be the sound card or something.