Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card Issue

• Please log in to reply

Nic6315

Nic6315

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I recently decided to format my laptop (IBM Thinkpad T60). After that, my laptop has issues detecting my sound card. Moreover, I don't even see the audio icon on my system tray (all I heard was loud beeps whenever an error appears in Windows). The problem is, I lose my motherboard installation CD. I tried to get the right sound driver from the IBM site but it won't let me successfully install it in my laptop.

My laptop is unable to detect my sound card any longer. Is there a way around this problem? Help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go.

What error to you have when installing the drivers? Try again but close out all your programs first, especially your anti-virus. Since this is after a reformat the drivers is most likely the issue.

Nic6315

Nic6315

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I receive this error message "The HDA audio driver is required and not found" from SoundMax.

Moreover, not a single sound card is listed under Device Manager.

I think Windows have issues detecting my card......

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Did you get the drivers from this website: http://www-307.ibm.c...MIGR-62928.html?