Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drive Ghosting Required?

• Please log in to reply

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
<b>Yet another problem from me, I'm falling apart this month what can I say?!<br /><br />Okay the problem has been plaguing me for a while and I'm in a fix everything mood. I have two hard drives in my computer, an 80GB and my newer 250GB. When I installed my 250GB, I had already burned aynthing i needed from the 80 to DVD's to just transfer over. So the 80 has been sitting dormant in my computer lately and I found a problem when trying to access it today. Both have WindowsXP installed on them.<br /><br />When I boot up the 80GB, it brings me to the log-in screen because my old roommate was a little...untrustworthy...so I put a password on the log-in. However whenever I boot up the 80, my keyboard disables, therefore, not allowing me to Ctl+Alt+Del into the password screen, let alone type the password. The problem lies in the fact that because it's password protected, I can't get to my pictures/music/videos from the older hard drive, but I know more are on it as at home I got to it once or twice.<br /><br />Any suggestions on what I could do? I would like to in the end be able to use the 80 as just another storage space instead of having it boot. And I want to get the info off of it before I run a reformat of it (if that's even what I have to do).</b>

Alright all it took to get the mouse and keyboard working was to plug them into other USB ports. So I can get into the 80GB and transfered everything I wanted, but now I want the 80GB to be a separate drive, not a separate bootable drive if that makes sense. I want it to serve as an extra 80 gigs of hard drive space. At the moment it's just serving as a totally separate bootable drive. So what do I have to do to get it formatted as another storage place?

Edited by BlackPandemic, 16 September 2007 - 09:11 PM.

Advertisements