sorry if this sounds trivial, but its been annoying me for a while now and all my attempts to fix it have failed.
My HP DV4000 series laptop has a little remote control (for DVD playback etc) that fits neatly into a PCM slot in the side of the machine when not in use.
It worked fine for a year or so, then suddenly, doesn't any more. I have changed the lithium battery in the remote for a new one, no effect.
First off, how do I tell whether it's the remote or the PC that's changed?
Assuming it is the PC, I have been unable to find any Infra-red enable or disable controls anywhere.
Any suggestions gratefully received,
thanks very much