Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 98 driver problem

• Please log in to reply

Mossstock

Mossstock

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi, can anyone help me please? Wannabe1 was very kindly helping me sort out my computer last week, and on following his instructione, it worked well until I downloaded a fan temperature programme, and the darn thing died altogether. So, I have had to pull out the old computer, that runs 98se. I have got it up and running, but theres a problem with the colour/pixel quality. Last year, someone suggested it was a driver failure problem, and gave me instructiond on how to download from an internet site, which fixed the problem. After a year of sitting in a cupboard, the driver has up and left again. Can anyone help me with the site and download please?

looking inside on the motherboard thing, the processor has PGA370 on it. There is also FC Canada Close, Class B, and what looks to be ICE5. On two 'stickers' there are the following; EA00D009323332 and P8HC006604. Is this enough info to help from? Please let me knoe if any more is needed. Sincere thanks,

john.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi John
Please download this install and run it Everest
it should list the manufacture web site from where to get the driver.
Cheers
peterm