Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant Uninstall Logitech Software

• Please log in to reply

xcspiderweb

xcspiderweb

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have the logitech mouseware 9.76 and the logitech desktop manager that I need to uninstall. Everytime I try to uninstall it it just restarts my computer and the program is still there. Is there anyway to permanently delete this?

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Give this a look
click on me
Cheers
peterm

xcspiderweb

xcspiderweb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Unfortunately the program I was trying to uninstall did not show up in the list unless im using it wrong.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Ok what method are you using to uninstall
Cheers
Peterm

xcspiderweb

xcspiderweb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
IM just using add/remove programs. Everytime it starts it just shuts down the computer.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Ok
Click on Start>Search>all files & folders
Put in logitech click on search.
Find the folder that holds the program then delete the folder. instead of add remove programs
or if the program is listed in the Start>All programs then right click on name and it will show the location.
Cheers
Peterm

xcspiderweb

xcspiderweb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I deleted the folders that had logitech and it still is on the computer and preventing me from installing new mouse software

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
What error message do you get when you try to install the new software .
How is it still on the computer in add/remove or ?
Cheers
peterm

xcspiderweb

xcspiderweb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Now it just starts the uninstall process then there is a bar that says 0 percent. Then it restarts the computer. The program is listed in add/remove programs

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
I wonder if it is already removed & the listing is staying in the add remove box.
Have a look at these 2 methods. If you try method 2 back up your registry 1st - link in my sig.
Remove Invalid Listings from Add/Remove Programs

There are a number of reasons why an application may remain in the Add/Remove Programs list long after the application is gone from your computer. One of the most common reasons is using the uninstaller from the listing on the All Programs section of Start Menu, but whatever the reason it remains there are ways to remove the invalid listing.

Method I: This method avoids editing the registry and should be tried first.

The easiest way is to open Add/Remove Programs and select the listing for the program you know has already been deleted. Select the application and click the Remove button. Since there is no application to 'remove', the process will time out and you'll be presented with an option to remove the entry.

Method II: This method involves editing the registry. Make sure to have a verified registry backup before editing the registry. Help with backing up the registry is available here.

Select Start > Run

In the Open: line type regedit and press Enter.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

The Add/Remove Programs list is built from the keys listed beneath the Uninstall folder.

Locate the key for the program that has been uninstalled, right click the key and click Delete.

Clicking the keys in the left pane and looking at the information provided in the right pane can help in identifying the associated programs. Err on the side of caution in this operation. Once the key has been deleted it's impossible to use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall if you make an incorrect selection.

xcspiderweb

xcspiderweb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thank you method 2 worked great

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Ok next step