Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New windows dont come to front

• Please log in to reply

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Here we go again. Another trick that I dont know how to fix, and cant quite seem to find it on my own via google.

Some of my new windows activate, but dont steal the focus.... IE. I'm working in firefox, I hit a keyboard shortcut, window comes up but only flashes in the background : it doesnt come forward. Active window retains its control.

I want it to take full control, be active and come to the foreground.

I've seen bribes here and there on google that there is a fix out there, but its rather unheard of nowadays. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
This is a Tweak UI setting. General>Focus. Uncheck the box that says "Prevent applications from stealing focus."

Vaillant

Vaillant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Ah. Havent used tweakUI in a couple of years hehe. Thanks, I'll try it as soon as I get home tonight.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Worked. Thanks!

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Woo-Hoo!! :-)