Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Outlook Express; localhost error? Cannot send/recieve.

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I use FreePOPs v 0.2.5 to allow me to check my Windows Live Hotmail with Outlook Express.

However, recently I've run into a problem where, whenever I click Send/Recieve Mail, it asks me to verify my password and username for the localhost. I do, and it asks me for it again. And again. And again.

This is very frustrating. I'm unsure as to what is causing this. Any help? Please and thank you. =(

Edit: Maybe this will help:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR UNKNOWN ERROR, PLEASE FIX', Port: 2000, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Edited by fishchowder, 18 September 2007 - 01:34 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is usually a temporary problem that clears up itself after a few hours.
Having said that, Microsoft aren't too keen on allowing Hotmail users access to their accounts from anywhere else except hotmail.com so its likely that this is blocked on the Microsoft end.