Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen mixed with Restart.

• Please log in to reply

Ginseng

Ginseng

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. Thanks for posting a guide about the blue screens, but I am having an issue that isn't mentioned in your guide.

I recently purchased computer parts and built my own computer. It has been acting weird ever since it became operational. I would be using my computer then it will give me a blue screen for a split second, then it will restart my computer.

I can't identify what the error messages are because the blue screen literally flash for 0.5 of a second infront of my eyes then my PC reboots.

I have tried using a video camera to record down the blue screen message. But it was not very clear.... it starts with 0x000....and ends with an A. But the digitals in between doesn't match anything mentioned in your guide.

This problem is really annoying for me because I am an animation student and I spend a lot of hours working on the computer. The PC would blue screen on me every 30 mins - 1 hour. I would often loose 5-10 min of my work cuz I can't keep up by pushing "Save" every second.

I am not sure what is going on atm. It is a new system with brand name parts. Please can someone help me out. Much appreciated and thanks in advance.

System (optional): CPU: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Motherboard: ASUS P5K
GFXcard: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
RAM: Corsair 2gig 800mhz
HD: Western Digital Raptor 150gig 10 000rpm

-Dan

*PS I have reset the bios to default and that doesn't help my situation either

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi, welcome to geekstogo, this link shows you how to turn off auto reboot so the screen will stop at the BSOD making it easy to post the number here and see advice

http://home.earthlin...nl/rebootof.htm

Ginseng

Ginseng

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you very much. I will note down what the error message is....in 15 minutes my computer should blue screen.