Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Wireless Problem

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

I recently moved house and have just got a new ISP. They provided me with an Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL modem. I have gone through the installation process and everything is working fine. A problem has arisen however in setting up a wireless network so that my laptop (Dell XPS 1330) and XBOX 360 can also connect to the internet. I have a Belkin 54G wireless Router which I used in my previous house and it worked fine with my old modem by directly connecting to it. I have never tried to use this router connected to a PC, which is what I want to use it for now. The only sockets in the back are 5 ethernet ones, there is no socket for an ADSL lead to connect directly to the modem, so I thought it would be okay to run an ethernet lead out the back of my PC, into the router, and use wireless like that, but it doesn't work. Do I have to buy a new router or am I just doing something wrong? So far I have tried no configuration options in regards to the router.

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
that modem is USB only...you'll have to request a different modem from your ISP.....request one that has ethernet connections