Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Annoying Server Setup, server via network

• Please log in to reply

Lukus

Lukus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm having serious problems running a Snap Server. I run it as an extra hard drive. No operating system, just a file holder. It only seems to work if I run it through a network router called Linksys (BEFSR41 V4). Mind you, I dont know if it can work directly, this is only the way I figured out how. Irritating, but it works....sort of. Mind you, the router is worthless for anything else because I cannot configure it for the internet.

Now, the main problem. I disconnected everything to change locations, and now the server wont work. All the lights are on on the router and server, but when I try to map the drive, it says;

"the mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: The workstation driver is not installed."

I tried looking for the drivers for both pieces of hardware, but I dont know where to get them, yes I know, manufaturers websites, but I can't find them there.

I have a windows XP Home OS on an Emachine computer. I'm running SP2. The device manager gives me no answers, not even a warning.

Can someone help?

Posted Image

Advertisements

Lukus

Lukus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
great forum so far.... This has been posted ince sept 19, and not a single reply.