Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMV file clean up?

• Please log in to reply

trodas

trodas

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I would like to know, if anyone can recommend me a good WMV file clean-up program that strip the file from all crap that was get added into it.

The problem?

I tried to fix video play pauses with video from Panasonic TZ3 camera by updating the BSplayer to v 2.21 or so... It not fix the issue, but it added a trojan to my system. When I get rid of it, some WMV videos (rather perverted and rare, so to add) get busted - eg. it is not possible to play them anymore with old WinMedia player 7, or BSplayer Pro 1.41.
Media Player Classic and WinMedia player 9 can play them, tough.

I tried the ASF-AVI-RM-WMV Repair v1.82 ( http://www.repairvideo.com/ ) but it did not help me with this particular issue - but it did speed-up playing start of some RM files, so it does work somewhat...

Any ideas, suggestions?

If necessary I can upload on rapidsh*t some tame files, like:
Realtickling - Vibcharlotte3.wmv
...to be inspected :) 88 240 450 bytes, tough...

Anyone?

Advertisements

trodas

trodas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Problem fixed.
Believe it or not, it was the device drivers busted by - well, gotta come clean - me.

In desperate search for virus in my machine, I uninstalled quite a few hidden device drivers from windows. I just picked the ones with bad / weird names. Results - wmv files busted in certain players and computer not reacting on power off button. Oh, well, and DVDRW drive not working/detected at all.
Problem fixed by restoring the backup of win (hooray for DriveImage) and removing just the known virus dll file and nothing else. Worked perfectly.

Now where is my CD's for longer time backups that DVD's...? :)