Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Moved Topic] Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

Chiki

Chiki

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I set up a wireless network Monday thru my desk top so I could access my internet cable connection thru my laptop. I bought a Netgear router for this and the insturcions on the CD helped me set up everything. It was successful and I was able to detect the internet connection and got connected. However I ended up getting a blue screen about 10-15 minutes later and have been getting that ever since.
Today I tried to connect my laptop directly to the modem (I previously did this with no problems) but the blue screen kept appearing each time I booted up.

The message among other things recommends checking BIOS updates and disable Bios memory opotions such as caching or shadowing. I am not skilled enough in computers to mess around with safe mode and which is what is recommended.

Message also includes this tech info: STOP 0x0000008E (0xCoooooo5,0xF93162D9,0xF013F13F59C,0x00000000) and the following:

GRTdiMon.sys - Address F93162D9 base at F9311000, DATESTAMP 41921ae6.

Would appreciate any help on resolving this issue and keeping in mind I am not very skilled in technicism....tks........Chiki

Advertisements

atearwhofellnot

atearwhofellnot

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi Chiki, And welcome to GeeksToGo.. That is an interesting issue, but I will have to recomend for you to get help promptly to repost it in the main forum under whichever Operating System you might have.. be it 98 or xp or vista. Thanks so much for coming to the site though and I hope to chat with you more!

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
This topic has been moved from the Introductions Forum