Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stretch 4:3 video to 16:9 (wide screen) in WMP 11

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I've got a notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. In WMP 11 I'm unable to find any setting to stretch a 4:3 video to wide screen since my notebook display is wide screen & I don't like having the black bars on the side. Anyone know how to do that? I already know of other software alternatives (so don't list any please) but I want to know about WMP 11 cause I use it very often to stream videos which are in 4:3 format but my notebook display is 16:9. Even the external display which I quite often use is 16:9 format. The notebook has a nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 graphics processor. I know I can remedy the problem when I use HP QuickPlay, Media Player Classic & VLC Media Player but what about WMP 11?

Edited by manu08, 20 September 2007 - 10:07 PM.

Advertisements

Buji

Buji

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Okay, I know you did not want suggestions for other types of software. But you can use Windows Movie maker to re-format the video to 16:9 and then play it in WMP. Just a thought. Sorry if it is not what you were looking for.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you should read this about aspect ratios ...its for tv's but the principal is the same..
you have asked the same question in at least 3 other forums...