Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cleaning solution for laptop hardware?

• Please log in to reply

keilani

keilani

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone! I made a terribile mistake and spilled coffee on my laptop. The coffee went through the keyboard. The first thing I did was turn off the laptop, unplugged the adapter, turned the laptop upside down, drained the liquid out and then waited 24 hours to turn it back on. It never turned on. Now the keyboard has a crunchy sound coming out of it every time i hit the keys plus the smell of coffee.

My bf looked at it (he used to be a I.T guy at Fry's) and he said none of the chips seem to have any burn marks so it probably didnt burn out. He told me to send it to a shop that puts liquid cleaning solution on hardware that will remove all the coffee residue. The problem is he doesnt remember the name of the shop he used to send laptops to and he doesnt know what the cleaning solution is called. Can anyone here please recommend a good shop that cleans laptops like mine or does anyone know the name of the cleaning solution that remove residue from laptop hardware.

Advertisements