Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Videos with no Audio

• Please log in to reply

Cnaldz

Cnaldz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Geeks out there,

I am still a junior in this computer field especially on applications so better get some help with the Geeks. I had done some tinkering with my unit deleting temp files and so on . Then I just realized I lost my audio in my on line internet videos such as youtube .etc. Winamp supported videos are ok.Maybe I did something wrong. Requesting your help please in restoring it to normal. I also recently installed Direct X 9c updates. On the internet option settings, some internet files are played with Quicktime plug-in 7.2. Was there something wrong with my Quicktime files causing the problem or the newly installed Direct X 9C updates?I also already tried installing the windows automatic updates .I am now thinking of reformatting my OS but I believe theres still something to do about it.Just wishing some Geeks there would kindly help and it would be highly appreciated.Thank you.

Advertisements

J0hn

J0hn

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I am no geek here man lol. I'm just here to give back to the community(a few members here helped me a lot) and give some support.

Anyway, my sister is having the same problem. Unfortunately, I don't have a fix for this one. I even tried reformatting the OS, but no luck. I think it's a codec problem. Or the soundcard is busted, not sure. Maybe others here may have a fix for us.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
How To Fix:
  • Go to START-->RUN and type regedit to open the Registry Editor
  • Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
  • Now right-click on the heading Drivers32 and select NEW-->STRING VALUE.
  • Call this new String Value wavemapper.
  • Now double-click the wavemapper entry you just created and for the VALUE field, type in msacm32.drv and click OK.
  • Close the Registry Editor and try watching a video on youtube again.

Cnaldz

Cnaldz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Starjax for helping out.That file was lost. Got it also John?
Till nxt time guys! Hope u are well.